William Clifton Broadfoot
Registration number 20080912C
This certifies that the heraldic arms of William Clifton Broadfoot which honor his 3rd great grandfather William Broadfoot from Cruggleton are registered and described by the blazon below
Arms: Argent a pair of Flaunches Sable five Pellets in chief the first and last parted along the arcs of the Flaunches and counterchanged within (for difference) a Bordure per Pale Gules and Or.
Crest: A Demi-griffin Or armed and membered Gules.
Motto: The Brae Is Braid (The Hill Is Broad).
Armiger lived 1899-1981, b. TX d. Vidalia, GA. A merchant and real estate developer. m. Vela Dailey Meadows of then LA originally Vidalia, GA. Three children. The second oldest son of William Gasque Broadfoot. Originally lived in TX later moved with his wife back to Vidalia.
In the Scottish tradition William Clifton Broadfoot's arms are those of William Broadfoot, Scotland, placed within a bordure divided per pale signifying he is a second son.
Descent from honored armiger
- Father: William Gasque Broadfoot (ca. 1866-1948) MS, TX
- GFather: Peter Donaldson Broadfoot (1833-1900) MS
- 1GGFather: William Broadfoot (ca. 1780-ca. 1860) Scotland, NC, SC, near Burns, MS
- 2GGFather: William Broadfoot (????-1819) near Inch near Cruggleton, Scotland
- 3GGFather: William Broadfoot (late 1600s or early 1700s-17??) near Cruggleton Church in Galloway
Larry Meadows Broadfoot
Personal, Ancestral, US, B