About

Features

Correspond

Albert E. Anderson


Registration number 20080826A


This certifies that the heraldic arms of Albert E. Anderson (1890-1969) which are offered in memoriam and conveyed to his descendants are registered and described by the blazon below

Arms: Azure, in chief two fleurs-de-lis the dexter Argent the sinister Or, in base a bar wavy Argent bearing a barrulet wavy Gules surmounted thereon by a saltire Or, overall a chevron rompu point enhanced Argent.
Crest: A garb Or tied with a ribbon Azure charged with hurt bearing a Luther Rose proper.
Motto: Alt har sin tid, og en tid er der satt for hvert foretagende under himmelen. (There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1)




Biographical information

Albert E. Anderson was born in 1890 in Gordon Twp., Todd County, Minnesota. Following his early education, and work on the family farm. Albert entered the service at Long Prairie, MN, on 22 July, 1918 into the US Army as a private in Company K58, Pioneer Infantry in WW1, into the Corps Troops. Albertís Regiment left the U.S. on 28 August, 1918, as a part of the U.S. Army Expeditionary Force (AEF) sent to France. They were engaged in action at Meuse/Argonne from 23 October through 11 November, 1918. They returned to the U.S. on 6 July, 1919. Pvt. Albert E. Anderson was honorably discharged from the United States Army at Camp Dodge, Iowa on 23 July, 1919. His paperwork also mentioned that he was a farmer by vocation, he had suffered no wounds, was in good health, and he was a man of excellent character. Albert was issued travel pay to return to Osakis, Minnesota.

Albert followed his wife, Hannah, in death at the Flyckt-Anderson farm on 4 December, 1969 at the age of 79. He was laid to rest next his wife Hannah. He was also an active member of Long Bridge Lutheran Church. Albert and Hannah had three children and twelve grandchildren.

For extended information, see: Arms and History of Kenneth Eugene Aberle and Affiliated Families

Design rationale

The arms are a synthesis of Albert E. Anderson's regimental arms. The field of blue is for the Infantry. The broken chevron commemorates the piercing of the German line between Soissons and Rheims, which are represented by the silver and golden fleurs-de-lis taken from the coat of arms of those cities respectively. In the base of the shield is displayed the arms of his fatherís birthplace, Medelpad. The St. Andrewís cross, denote his Christian faith and is a cant of the surname Anderson. The choice of gold for the cross has been taken from the cross on the arms of Nord Trondelag, Norway, as a reminder of Albertís maternal family, Halvarson/senís place of origin. The crest is a garb, representing the history of farming in the family, and the Luther Rose representing his religious denomination. The Motto is in Norwegian, as a second reflection on Albertís maternal origin as well as his initial spoken language prior to his early education. The motto conveys the seasons of Albert's life.

Registered by

Craig Scott Aberle

Categories

Personal, Original, US, A

+Share

Roll of Arms

Policies