Registration number 20061118C
This certifies that the heraldic arms of Grays Harbor College are registered as an original design and are described by the blazon below
Blazon assistance by Joe McMillan
Historical note from the college's website: ghc.ctc.edu/seal.html
The College Seal is a shield of silver bearing a frigate in full sail with a flasque of royal blue on either side bearing tall fir trees in green. The shield rests upon a wide silver band which is bordered by a circle of rope and which bears the name of the college at the top and the date of the college's founding, 1930, with a leaping salmon on either side. On each side between the shield and the band is a spray of cranberries. The ship stands for Captain Robert Gray's "Columbia". The rope, tress, cranberry sprays and fish are symbols of the industry and life of the harbor.
The seal was designed in 1947 by Esko K. Rentola, a Grays Harbor College graduate.