Registration number 20061027A
This certifies that the heraldic arms of the St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, Fairbury, Illinois are registered as an original design and described by the blazon below
This is a Roman Catholic parish within the Diocese of Peoria.
The green shield is a symbol of the Irish Catholics who were the first to make up the Catholic population of Fairbury. The lamb with the staff symbolizes our patron saint, Saint John the Baptist. The two estoiles symbolize two churches; that is, the first St. John the Baptist, dedicated in 1868, and the present church building, dedicated in 1902. The "Bar wavy Azure fimbriated Argent" in the base is, first of all, a symbol of the river Jordan; however, it also doubles as a symbol of Indian Creek which runs through Fairbury.
Father Scott Lee Archer