Registration number 20060914D
This certifies that the heraldic arms of Lawrence University are registered as original designs and are described by the blazons below
The university's website: http://www.lawrence.edu/about/trads/arms.shtml
'Parishes: St Ives', A History of the County of Huntingdonshire: Volume 2 (1932), pp. 210-23. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp?compid=42486.
Lawrence University adopted two variations of the arms used by the founder, Amos Lawrence, who descended from William Lawrence of St. Ives, county Huntington, who received a grant of arms in 1562.
The ceremonial arms have an Argent background and the regular arms have an Azure background.
The pictures on the website do not match the descriptions in the university standards. What is blazoned above is based on the pictures and the historical record.